Monday, March 3, 2014

First Party and Spring Planting

I had a big weekend. This weekend my mom Sara, had the first Dusty Cowgirl Designs party for me and it was a huge success! So many of our friends and family came to support me, see my designs and get some yummy snacks thanks to Mama Ginny and my mom, Sara. The party gave me the confidence necessary to host more parties and has already opened doors to other related projects. I am attaching a photo from the party... I know it isn't very clear but I took it with my iPhone. I will have to start carrying my dslr around with me now!



Also today it started out pretty warm here in OIB so I started some seeds. Fingers crosses that they will grow. This is my third time doing this. First time with my grandpa went great, second time in high school went well, so I used the same process which is pictured below. Lets hope my coleus and lavender germinate!

This is what kind of seeding mix I used. Bought from Lowe's for about  $5 a bag. 

Then I mixed it with water in my wheelbarrow.

Then added the mix to small Jiffy planters, I choose these because the were cheap and decomposable. You can plant them right in the ground if you want. 


Now the baby seeds are in my garage waiting out the cold and Jason and I to get the green house built for their home until after the last frost.









No comments:

Post a Comment